Image Pack Instructions
Downloading the Image Pack
There are two types of Downloads. Image Packs and Brush Packs. For Brush Pack installation and usage instructions, please click here
This is the Image Pack part of your chosen pack:
Unlike the brush sets, you will need to download the image pack to a computer or Mac. The reason? iPads do not recognise or open compressed (zipped up) files. Our selling platform does not allow us to sell without compressing large files - so this is the only way we can run things unfortunately. It's an Apple restriction, not ours.
All our files and folders are all hosted by Dropbox - but anyone with a link can access them to download.
Those with a Dropbox or Google Drive account can download directly to their own iPads - but please be aware that it may take you over the free storage limit threshold. It is for this reason, we recommend downloading the designs to your computer or mac, unzipping the files and then transferring the files you want to use using the methods described below. You can download the PDF eBook to your iPad and use it to find the design(s) you want to work with, note the numbers of the designs and transfer just those..
If you do not have a dropbox account and do not want one, you can use a computer to download the files via the link we sent in your email. Once in each folder, there is a button on the top right corner saying 'Download.' Click on that, and then 'direct download.' It will then download the whole folder to your computer. Please note that due to iPads inability to recognise compressed files, you will need to unzip the folder before transfer.
If you'd like to use Google Drive to download instead of Dropbox, please drop us a message and we will send you the link.
Transfer Designs to iPadPro (or other apple device)
There are several ways you can do this. Airdrop, iTunes, iCloud Drive, Google Drive, Dropbox and more.
The main ways in which you can transfer:
Dropbox or iCloud Drive/Files App
We have found this to be the easiest way to transfer lots of files between one another. Dropbox is a free app from the app store, making an account is also free. It's very easy to use, and quick to set up. If you are buying packs like the 200+ pack, we would recommend keeping the files on a computer and transferring only the designs you want to work with. This is probably the easiest way to organise the files whilst also saving iPad storage space.
- Download the pack to your PC/Mac.
- Log in to your Dropbox account (on the PC/MAC)
- Upload one of the folders like the Transparent Background versions folder into your Dropbox.
- Once it has uploaded, you can then access that folder from any device with Dropbox Application installed.
- You can keep all the images on your Dropbox instead of transferring all of them to your iPads Camera Roll.
- To download single designs, open a design within the dropbox app and long press on the picture of it. Choose 'Save to Camera Roll' and you now have that on your iPad.
- You can then import it into any design app you use on your iPad, the same way you would import a photo.
You can also transfer the designs using Google Drive (we also host the files here as a backup), iCloud Drive with Files App, and more.
Macbook/Mac - Use AirDrop
- Unzip all the folders you downloaded from us.
- Select the png images (within the folder you want to transfer). Right Click > Share > Airdrop.
- Make sure your device is set to receiving airdrops.
- Airdrop may not work if the file is particularly large.
PC/Laptop - Use iTunes.
- Unzip all the files you downloaded from us.
- Open Windows Explorer on your PC and navigate to your ‘Pictures’ folder.
- Create a new folder within your Pictures folder and call it ‘Transfer to iPad’ (or anything you want)
- Navigate back to the folders you downloaded from us, and open one of the unzipped folders.
- Select all the files you want, and drag them into the folder you made earlier called ‘Transfer to iPad’
- You’ll have to do this for each folder, until all the files are in the ‘Transfer to iPad’ folder.
- Open iTunes and connect the iPad you want to transfer the files to.
- See Diagram:
1. Click the device icon
2. Click 'Photos' on the left hand sidebar under your device name
3. Tick to Sync Photos
4. Choose the 'Pictures' folder
5. Check the 'Selected Folders' a list of folders will appear below, choose the file you made called 'Transfer to iPad'
6. Press apply.
Once synced, the designs will transfer to your ipad/idevice and you can find them in your i-devices Camera Roll.
You can also send the files to yourself via email - although I only recommend this way if you want to transfer a few files at a time - email will only let you send up to 10mb per email.
How to Import into Procreate and other iPad Design apps.
You can import any of the images into Procreate and other design apps by adding the image files to your iPads Photo Gallery. You can then import the design in the same way you would a photograph.
Transparent Background Versions
I'd recommend using the transparent background versions for importing as they are much easier to work with. It is basically the design pattern but with the white background removed. Once you have imported this into your iPads image library you can import from within an app as you would a photo and it should place the black parts of the design on top of your own design as a new layer. You can then resize and move around whilst still being able to see your design in the background.
If the Transparent Background versions are not working or showing with solid white backgrounds after transferring to your iPad - the only way I know to fix this issue is to use Dropbox/Google Drive to import the design to your iPad. Follow the steps described in the file transferring section above. You may not need to save the image to your Camera Roll, if you long press the design image from within the Dropbox app, another option is 'Open in...' Tapping on this allows you to import directly into apps like Clip Studio or Procreate. You will find that this method allows you to keep the transparency.
If you have any further questions, please see our FAQ page, or you can also contact us directly.
If you have any issues at all, please contact me. I'm available over whatsapp or iMessage on +447534253923 for a quick response. Alternatively you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or DM on my instagram @geometrictattoodesigns